Monday, September 28, 2009

Before the Tube

The tube. The gray and white tube. The one that only a select few get to go into without a gown on. The big omnious magnetic tube. The one we say we need a deep fried twinkie before we dare get into it. The one the scrubs avoid. The one that has signs looming outside of it, warning us of its wrath.

Yep, that tube.

Today I get to endure a contrast MRI. Whoo. I am so excited. Not.

Anyhow, I figured I would post a blog before, and once the swelling goes down on my shoulder I would post after, if I am not allergic to the dye or the contrast. I have family and staff that have psyched me out, but it is for the best, I believe. The nurses say I cannot work afterwards, that my shoulder will be puffy and purple. The family says theres a good chance i'll be allergic to it and be spending the night on the bathroom floor.

The regular MRI wasn't bad. They have headphones they gave me and I laid still, trying not to fall asleep. 'Amarillo By Mornin' played loudly, but not loud enough to drown out the chugging sound of the magnets.

Luckily one of my regular daytime nurses is going to be assisting in the arthogram today and my fiance will be the once to help me once its over. Good company all around- plus I talked him into letting us watch Ladder 49 and the Guardian after. Score!

Wish me luck!

No comments: