PT today was excellent. When I say excellent, I mean funny.
First off, this whole time the staff has been feeding my newest addiction. I am a whore to all the crazy looks that I get from the staff and love to tell my story just so I can get another one of those 'holy shi-' looks. I know, it's bad, but I love it. Once I got back to the PT room and to my table the sports therapist asked about my injury, how it happened, when, what I did to fix it, etc. When he looked at the chart he looked amazed. "YOU DID WHAT?"
I giggled, I'm used to this. "A 360 DEGREE LABRIAL REPAIR!? THATS-" He paused, trying not to be a jerk. Most patient's don't like hearing their injury was cool.
"It's gnarly, right?" I said, smiling.
He then walked off, leaving us to watch as he explained to the PT what the injury was, and too there was another one of those reactions I am addicted to. I beamed as he introduced himself and laid me flat on the table. We began to lift my arm into the air. "Tell me when it hurts." He said. We got to 30 degrees, nothing. 50 degrees, nothing. He paused and rocked my arm a little bit, then moved onto 70 degrees. "Doesn't it hurt?" He asked. I shook my head.
"There!" I said after a moment, "But its tightness hurting, not pain." He smirked.
"Your at 95 degrees, 5 degrees past what the doctor ordered." He said. "We need to rewrite some orders, your doing...well amazing. I don't need to see you twice a week after all." He said. "How bout every two weeks."
Well, now I have stuff to do...kind of.
No comments:
Post a Comment