The jewelery was a washer and hemp yarn and they were using modge podge and gluing scrapbook paper to it, or stamping words into it, using a hammer and a stamp set. My future mother in law drug us girls over there and we all sat down to begin stamping and scrapping some jewelery. As I laid my washer out in front of me I could only think of one thing, and that was how much I didn't want to keep the jewelery for myself. So I studied the washer and then handed my fiance the letters and began measuring the yarn.
When we were all finished my mother in law studied it, not sure what to make of it. They did necklaces made of scrapbook paper, and they turned out cute. She smiled, told me it was cute and continued on looking at her other daughter-in-laws jewelery. My fiance took it from my hands and studied it. "Heal?" He asked and I nodded. "You didn't make this for you." He said, eyeing me with a small smile.
"Nope, I sure didn't." I said as he handed it back to me. "I made it so that I could give it to a patient."
"A patient?" He asked.
"When my brother got diagnosed with diabetes he got a teddy bear and a couple childrens books and such, and he really liked that. I can't do the same thing, but I can give a simple gift to a patient when the time is right." My fiance smiled at me, then wrapped an arm around me. "That is really sweet." He then paused and gave me a devilish grin. "Do I need to go buy a stamp set and a new hammer?" I laughed out loud.
Today I am wearing my "Heal" Bracelet to work, knowing full well its purpose, its point and forcing me to keep my eyes open in all aspects of things. Its a small thing, a simple thing, but its the thing people love the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment