The last few months I have been focused on the upcoming EMT-I course, passing time til I can start applications for transfers to the ER, and waiting until I am 21 so I can work on an ambulance. Meanwhile I was busy planning my life and career, and not even worried about the rest of it, but life happens.
Yesterday my boyfriend and I took a drive up and into the mountains and as took a hike in the rainy weather, it was beautiful and we were the only two up there. As I paused to take a picture he dropped to one knee and as I turned around I saw him there, ring in hand. I almost cried, I was too busy making plans for the other part of my life to realize this part of life was happening. But it did, and I kissed him and gave him my answer 'YES!'Its a whole different chapter of my life, a chapter I didn't really think through, spending all of my time thinking about my life once I was a Flight Nurse and about all the lives I would save. But this is something I have always wanted in my life.
Before bed last night I joked with him, about kids and how they would survive with a Paramedic mother and a Cop for a father (that's what he is going into). He laughed and gave me the best answer; "Well, we definitley wont be spending alot of time in ER's, and if we do, you'll probably pick the best one, not closest one, and if they get in trouble we'll have some 'come to jesus' talks. They'll be scared to screw with us." Both of us burst out laughing.
Sometimes I wake up and stare at the ceiling, wondering if life had really happened. Sometimes I stare at the wall and wonder if I have done it right. Is there a right way to live?
But this morning I woke up and looked at my left hand and smiled. It really did happen, and its a new chapter of my life I am more than happy to embrace. I'm an adventure seeker, and its just more adventure to be had.
2 comments:
Congratulations, Dani!
how exciting! congratulations.
Post a Comment