Thursday, June 11, 2009

Life Goes On

I live close to the high school where I spent 3 years attending. I drive by the places I did my clinicals for CNA and EMT every week, without fail. The location of the schools are on the college campus, so my history is still a huge part of my everyday life. The other day we drove past the high school on our way home from a friends house and one of my friends asked us if we ever missed it, and it got me thinking.

We used to come to school at 6 am so that we could sneak onto the roof and eat breakfast while watching the sunrise, we would skip any class with a subsitute so we could go mudding, spent hours studying for competitions, and lived for the moment. The future was so far away, and thinking about life in a negative aspect made us like our parents. It was fun, it was amazing and I wouldn't've traded it for the world.

I don't miss it, because the person I wanted to be is the person I am, which now gives me hope that the person I want to become now is who I am heading towards. Yesterday I was flipping channels while doing laundry and came across this song, it hit me like a ton of bricks and I immediately fell in love with the lyrics, they fit so perfectly.

"Oh, Life goes on, And it's only gonna make me strong
Its a fact, once you get on board Say good-bye 'cause you can't go back
Oh it's a fight, and I really wanna get it right
Where I'm at, is my life before me and this feelin' that I can't go back
Wish I knew then, what I know now
You held all the cards, and sold me out
Baby shame on you if you fool me once Shame on me if you fool me twice
You've been a pretty hard case to crack
Should've known better but I didn't And I can't go back"
-Leann Rimes (Life Goes On)

Its an understatment saying that I have been through alot in a short while, and this song reminded me of everything that I have had to overcome. Like a music video events flashed through my mind; loosing friends and family, visiting new babies in the hospital, weddings, divorces, new jobs, interviews, moments with friends, laughter and tears. I snapped back to reality and where I am at now, towel in hand, folding laundry. Even now things get in the way, but its true, life does go on.

So as I'm getting ready for work, studying my EMT stuff I am taking in the moment, enjoying it for all its worth, life moves too fast as it is, so why not enjoy it. I have since given up the wish for a rewind button.

No comments: