So, for my horror and your pleasure I have decided to post them.
First day of class, nervous, worried, scared. I am 15 in this picture. Everyone
else is 17 -18 years old, and I found that out just before my teacher snapped
the photo- so that nervous smile is more like a 'holy shit what did I get
myself into' smile.
In this photo we are learning about PPE. She never mentioned the stuff I
ACTUALLY USE like a PAPR or a N95, so I guess they just don't need them in
nursing homes. We had to wear these masks all day so that we understood how
annoying they are. This came in handy for when I go watch surgeries.
This folks is another woman brushing my teeth. I knew it was a class we were
going to get close in but brushing my teeth? I agree with my teacher now, that
it was to protect the patient and the resident, but holy crap was I shocked.
This would be within the first month of school and yes, I am probably dying in
this picture. Luckily I wasn't as nervous as the others who choked on the
toothpaste or just swallowed it and got massive stomachaches.
Ever seen a handlebar to the bicep bruise? Now you have! I was a BMXr at
this time in my life (hence the bicycle shirt) and arrived to class with many
bumps, bruises, scars, cuts, sprains and strains. The class liked it and I liked
the free ace wraps. Not pictured in this picture: My knee (the one I am death
gripping) and my ankle are both wrapped up and attached to a gel pack.
Roughly 6 months after this photo was taken I crashed my bike at Nationals
(requiring the surgery I will undergo next month.)
Yep. I was a youngin' when I started this whole gig. Now I am digging for some EMT class pictures, maybe I can hit the jackpot with some old classmates or my instructor!
BTW Dani's Anatomy will be celebrating it's 100th post soon- check in soon for my 'Reflector' post- been in the works for awhile now!



No comments:
Post a Comment