Sunday, October 18, 2009

My 100th Post

When I started this blog people told me it wouldn't work. I got the idea from a friend, who worked in an ER and as an EMT on the weekends, I planned to be him by this point so I started one too. The only person who supported it and read it was my fiance.

He sent the word out, having family and friends read it. I browsed other sites, trying to make a name for myself- big or small. Each day I would check and each day would bring a smile as I would exclaim 'look hun! I got a hit from England!' or 'Baby! I got three hits yesterday!' My fiance would chuckle and read the blog, finishing each post with a nod of approval or a comment about the situations. My one support system became the one I needed most.

The last six months this blog has been the best thing for the stresses and woes of my life. I have been able to write about the joys of being engaged, life at the job, the stress of my surgery and my fiance going to POST. It was a place I could vent if needs be- it was my place.
Thing that shocked me was- I wasn't used to people actually reading it! As people would post comments and requests I felt as if maybe, someday, somehow my writing could be read and make a difference. What was once a sad dream is now a hope.

I've grown up a lot in this blog, mentally, emotionally, physically and know its for the best. Life has happened, its just what it does. And with the ability to have this creative outlet I know it is for the best. Everyone has a friend at work they can bitch to about anything, well I don't. I have this blog- and frankly I am okay with it- because I don't do the petty bitching about a patient who needs to pee every thirty minutes- I bitch about aides who probably shouldn't be certified or helping a cop take down an escaped prisoner for patient.

For my 100th post I wanted to thank my wonderful fiance. He is my best friend and the love of my life. He is a wonderful man who is so set to make it to his dreams he has created a beautiful future for us both on the way. He is a hard-working, caring individual who I can no longer live without. He supports me when I need it- he stands by me when I don't. He is the guy who keeps pushing me to write- even when I have no idea what I am going to write about. He is the one who jokes about my future as a Paramedic- and how we have to work in the same city so we can enjoy our jobs that much better. He is the guy who stays up late researching my surgery recovery information-because he wants to make sure I don't bend or break the rules. He is the guy who makes it to every doctors apt and helps me with my creative writing homework when I am stuck. He is the guy I stay up late with- helping memorize defensive tactic flashcards. He is the guy I am going to marry.

I love you hun. Thank you for all you do. You rock my world!

2 comments:

Ckemtp said...

Congrats on the 100th post Dani! Honestly I think that I've been reading since close to the beginning. It's enjoyable.

I have to say that I feel the same way about my blog in a lot of ways. Although I look at mine more as a way to justify 10 years out in the field and make me feel like I'm working towards something tangible other than just popping my back out like every other medic.

Oh, and could you update your blogroll? I've moved to http://www.lifeunderthelights.com

The Observer said...

I've just stopped by for the first time. Your post about depression was excellent. (My WiFi access had a spasm and my comment was lost there.) Congrats on your 100th post. I've been blogging since August, mostly a news/opinion/sports/funny blog. It's been fun, having a chance to share my thoughts, and thru the blogs I read and connect to, see and hear other people's ideas and thoughts. Keep up the good work! Missouri RN (and former EMT)