He didn't even bother to introduce himself or the other residents, he just walked into the room and stood there, staring me down.
"You have lost 300 degrees out of the 360 degrees of movement you should have." He started, leaning onto the table and beginning to draw out what my shoulder looks like. I sat in shock. I had been living, working, dealing with this for years. Living off of 60 degrees of motion.
Recovery time is more extensive. More than 6 weeks immobile. 16 to 18 weeks til I can return to full duty as a C.N.A. The surgeon refuses to sign paperwork for Paramedic school until I have this surgery.
Been on the phone all day with schedulers and M.A.'s trying to get it all worked out. No progress yet, but I will be having a surgery soon.
I'm scared to death.
1 comment:
As one who is terrified of general anesthesia, I know how you feel. You can and will come through this.
Best of luck
Post a Comment