Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snow

Snow is beautiful- cold, and I hate it for that- but still a lovely thing to enjoy. However, drivers who think they know how to drive in snow, bug the HELL outta me!

Last night my car slid on some black ice. Why?
Well, to give you a little background on me, I was raised and taught how to drive by drivers. Growing up with parents in safety and transportation, I learned quickly how to drive CORRECTLY. I am not your typical young female driver.

Now that that has been said, let me continue.

In my neighborhood there is a roundabout. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is a circular turn. In Spain they installed all of these and then quickly removed them because of all the accidents. I am waiting for the US to catch onto this and go back to 4-way-stops there.

Last night as I was going into the roundabout I slowed down to yield for a police officer, who was going FAR too fast in that turn. His car slid, but he got it corrected and continued on. His car was heading north, I was heading south. Suddenly he lost control again as my car started to move, and was heading towards my car. Quickly, I hit the gas and tried to get out of the car's way, and ended up hitting a patch of black ice and loosing control onto the curb.

The cop didn't stop, didn't even notice, and kept speeding on. My fiance and I had to get my car un-stuck from the mud and snow. When I find that cop I'm going to give him a piece of my mind!

No comments: