Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Cadet

The officer in training has been working his butt off in school, learning laws, codes, technicalities and defensive tactics. He has been running miles a day, doing push ups until his arms feel like jello to bystanders and has done military like training. Long nights have been spent with flash cards, memorizing reasons for defensive tactics and even laws. We have been very proud of him, but we don't get to see his hard work.
Until tonight.


His older brother came by and challenged him to show off his skills. Not only did we all end up handcuffed, frisked and yelled at, we all got to see his good work. I got to do a prone arrest and a standing arrest. Another family member got a kneeling arrest and his older brother got a standing, kneeling and a prone arrest also. It was actually alot of fun.

Also, he had set himself a goal to run his mile and a half in 12 minutes. Yesterday he got it in 11 minutes, a huge marker from where he was two months ago when he was running it at 16 minutes. He had doubled his amount of push ups, sit ups, pull ups and vertical jump height. I am more than impressed- GREAT JOB BUB!

This photo is of my contrast MRI. The doctor drew a similar photo when he explained my tear, however I didn't believe that it was that extensive. The white is the tear in my labrum, the black on top is all that is left of that muscle. I would have posted it with my last one, but I just got it in the mail the other day.

No comments: